Radley Acura 2016 ILX - The Bottle 60 Video
MSRP from $27,900* to $34,890*
6 Vehicle Trim Levels Available
2.4-liter i-VTEC Engine
The same powerplant found in the TLX sport sedan is now in every ILX model. The aluminum block, direct-injected 2.4-liter inline-four delivers 201 high-revving horsepower, 181 lb. ft. of torque (both SAE net) and best-in-class thrills per mile. Unlike turbocharged engines, throttle response is immediately impactful while the engine's light weight makes handling nimble and fuel economy notable.
- Intelligent Variable Timing and lift Control (i-VTEC®) increases horsepower by opening intake valves longer and deeper at approximately 4500 rpm and above. This high rpm airflow is further enhanced by Variable Timing Control that incrementally advances the opening of intake valves as rpm rises.
- Direct Gas Injection sends fuel directly into each cylinder through a multi-hole injector for a more precise, effective air/fuel mixture. In addition to added performance, this process significantly lessens fuel consumption at engine start.
- Fuel directly injected into a cylinder also has a cooling effect allowing power-increasing higher compression with no engine knocking.
- The engine's rigid aluminum block reduces weight for improved handling.
- Reduced friction equals increased fuel efficiency. Here are a few ways it's done on the ILX:
- Offset cylinders
- Low-tension piston rings
- Double-arm chain system
- Exclusive belt layout for EPS
- The Drive-by-Wire™ system supplies exceptional throttle response and driver feel when navigating challenging conditions.
- With an EPA Fuel Economy Rating27 of 25/ 36 / 29 mpg (city/highway/combined), the ILX is efficiently fun.
8-Speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission)
Along with the new engine, all 2016 ILX models are equipped with the sophisticated 8-speed DCT transmission. Originally developed for racing, the dual-clutch design shifts faster, smoother and with greater efficiency than conventional automatic transmissions. Designed in-house, drivers will find it a perfect fit for the high-revving inline-four engine.
- Unlike a conventional automatic, the new transmission changes gears though clutches (much more like a manual transmission) rather than simply a torque converter.
- The transmission has one clutch for odd-numbered gears (1, 3, 5, 7) and a second for even ones (2, 4, 6, 8). While one clutch is engaged with the current gear, sensors predict whether the next gear change will be an upshift or a downshift. The second clutch then prepares the next gear ratio for engagement so when the shift occurs it's instant with a negligible loss of engine torque.
- Eight gear ratios keep the 2.4-liter engine running at or near peak efficiency at nearly all speeds.
- Because dual-clutch transmissions have been known to shift roughly (particularly from a stop), Acura took the unprecedented step of maintaining a torque converter for a smoother launch.
- The true performance potential of this new 8-Speed DCT is brought out by paddle shifters that enable lightning fast shifts that take only milliseconds versus a typical driver's manual shift of about a half second. Such quick-response shifting makes lively acceleration out of a turn or engine braking down a mountain road particularly satisfying.
The ILX uses a combination of MacPherson struts for the front suspension and a multi-link arrangement in the rear. Using a strut-style front suspension makes more room available for crash reinforcement. The multi-link rear suspension helps maximize second-row seating and cargo space—all while providing outstanding handling and ride quality.
- The MacPherson struts front suspension has specially tuned bushings and performance-calibrated geometry, providing optimal wheel alignment while turning for smooth, solid handling.
- The multi-link rear suspension includes stamped-steel upper A-arms, cast aluminum knuckles, double lower lateral links, steel-toe control links, coil-over dampers and a large stabilizer bar.
- Compared to previous ILX models the front suspension bushings have been revised and the rear stabilizer bar has been thickened to tighten road feel and reduce body roll.
- Amplitude Reactive Dampers feature two pistons per damper (a.k.a. shock absorber) rather than one. The first piston reacts to help absorb minor road vibration, while the second one is stiffer, reigning in a larger suspension motion for improved stability.
The ILX steering system is a good example of the subtle ways a luxury car differentiates itself from more conventional vehicles.
- The ILX's already rigid mounting for the steering assembly is strengthened even further for 2016 increasing linear feel for greater steering precision while reducing low and high-speed vibration.
- The rack-and-pinion is tuned to provide a smooth, linear transition between generous power assist at low speeds and a firmer feel at higher speeds.
- Electronic, rather than hydraulic power, assist does not draw mechanical power from the engine, increasing its efficiency.
The four-wheel disc brakes are designed with several subtle enhancements to improve their performance over conventional cars of the same size.
- Strengthened calipers improve effectiveness while enlarged splash shields help increase fade resistance.
- The pedal shape is designed to direct force on the pedal center to increase response.
- All models have 12.3-inch ventilated discs in the front and 11.1-inch solid discs in the rear.
- Electronic Brake Distribution uses the anti-lock brake sensors to determine the proportion of brake force to be channeled to each wheel for increased performance and stability.
Rigid Body Structure
Though not apparent to the naked eye, body structure is one of the best examples of what distinguishes the ILX from conventional cars of its size.
- Significant structural enhancements can be found at the frames around each door opening and across the rear of the trunk-lid opening.
- Other enhancements include reinforced joints and replacing multiple components with single components to smooth stress flow.
- Lateral flex has been reduced through strengthened joints around the front suspension sub-frame mounting.
- Close to 59% of the vehicle's weight is made up of high-tensile steel, which is lighter and stiffer than conventional structural steel.
- Aluminum was used for the hood to reduce the center of gravity and at the bumper beams to reduce polar inertia, both of which improve handling.
Smooth & Quiet Ride
A variety of measures were taken to ensure the ILX delivers the refined ride of a luxury road car.
- Significant wind tunnel testing reduced areas of wind turbulence such as the windshield base, the trailing edge of the trunk and across the entire floor-pan.
- The front body corners were shaped to reduce tire air turbulence.
- A floating front sub-frame structure with heavily reinforced mounting points reduces road noise.
- Four resonators in the intake manifold reduce engine induction noise during acceleration.
- The alloy wheels contain resonators to absorb the sound of air bouncing between tire and wheels.
- Standard Active Noise Cancelation listens to ambient engine and wind noise and produces an equal yet reverse sound through the audio system causing the two sounds to cancel each other out.
Lighting & Visibility
Multi-View Rear Camera
All models are equipped with a multi-view rear camera50 that automatically gives you a choice of three different images of the area behind the vehicle when "reverse" is engaged.
- The rear camera image appears on most models in a 5-inch, full-color display above the center controls while models with the navigation system display the rear camera image through an 8-inch navigation screen.
- The regular view is ideal to help survey areas behind the ILX when backing up or parking.
- The wide angle view shows a 170° perspective behind the ILX, which is perfect to help spot approaching vehicles or pedestrians when backing out of parking spots.
- The top-down view is particularly useful for parallel parking.
- Yellow guidelines help your judge distances and with the Technology Plus Package, help guide your trajectory.
Jewel Eye LED Headlights
Stunning, highly illuminating Jewel Eye® LED headlights are standard on all ILX models. Five low-profile LEDs per headlight provide a whiter, brighter beam while using less energy and lasting significantly longer than HID or traditional halogen headlights.
- Using precisely-aimed lenses, the three outer LEDs on each light comprise the low beams and reveal the road more clearly without blinding oncoming traffic. The high beams add the two inner LEDs to illuminate distant objects 200 milliseconds sooner than conventional lights. At 60 mph, that's over 17 feet.
- Underlining the headlights is a distinctive LED light bar for Daytime Driving Light duty
- When turned off, reflective surfaces behind the lenses contribute to the bright, jewel-like appearance.
Keyless Access System and Pushbutton Ignition
The Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton ignition allows you to walk up to the ILX, unlock the doors, and start the engine without ever having to take a key out of your pocket.
- The vehicle will sense the key remote but will not unlock the door until you touch the handle.
- You can turn the engine and auxiliary controls on and off at the touch of a button.
- If the key remote battery runs out, you can start the engine by pushing the start button and moving the remote in front of the pressed start button while depressing the brake pedal.
- On a hot day, the remote can lower the windows and open the sunroof to air out the ILX before you enter.
- The trunk will not latch if the remote is inside.
The sophistication of the ILX interior begins with the plush feel of the seats, which are ergonomically designed to provide comfort and support and feature 8-way power adjustment for the driver's position.
- Dual-level heaters for cold days are standard on all models.
- All seats are generously bolstered to keep you and your passengers secure during spirited driving.
- Models with Premium and Technology Plus Packages feature leather trim with breathable perforated leather on both front and rear seating surfaces, while the A-SPEC Package features Lux Suede® seating surfaces.
- 2-driver position memory for the driver's seat and 4-way power adjustment for the front passenger seat are part of the Premium Package.
The ILX comfortably seats three passengers in the back, while a generously sized door provides them with easy access.
- Passengers enjoy plenty of leg and toe room with a flat floor (no hump) and ample space under the front seats.
- The center armrest folds down to reveal two built-in cup holders.
- When not in use, the buckles for the center passenger fold flush into the seat cushion.
- The rear seatback folds down to increase cargo carrying capacity.
The ILX trunk is a large and easily accessible area with plenty of usable space.
- 12.3 cubic feet of wide obstruction free cargo space is available on all models.
- Pulling the handle on the upper left edge of the trunk unlatches the rear seatback which folds down to provide additional space, particularly helpful for long items.
The ILX has many easily accessible storage areas throughout the cabin to make life more convenient on the go.
- The main covered storage area in the center console can carry up to 12 CD cases. The space also includes an accessory power outlet as well as an auxiliary audio jack for non-USB-compatible portable music sources.
- The console has a second covered storage space in front of the shifter that's perfect for hand-held electronic devices and includes a USB connection to the audio system. On models with the Premium Package, an HDMI jack for iPhone®8 display emulation is included.
- The large, 6.6-liter glove box is bin-shaped, making it easy to find things.
- The center console cup holders include spring-loaded spacers to keep small cups in place.
- Additional bottle holders can be found in the front door panels.
Automatic Climate Control
To maximize passenger comfort all ILX models feature dual-zone, adaptive automatic climate control allowing the driver and front passenger to adjust their own temperature and airflow settings. With the combination of the Technology Plus Package, a solar sensor measures the sun's intensity to determine its impact on interior temperature while the GPS receiver on the Acura Navigation System10 even tracks the sun's position relative to the car.
- As you approach the car, the ILX automatically detects which remote you have and pre-sets your preferred climate-control settings.
- All climate zones can be synchronized to a single setting for times in which you are driving alone.
- Almost all climate control functions can be voice-activated.
The ILX dashboard sports the dual-cockpit design found on all Acura models. With its elegant shapes, refined materials and intuitive functionality, it was smartly designed to enhance your driving enjoyment.
- The available On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) touchscreen contains primary controls for both audio and climate functions freeing up the navigation screen for at-a-glance viewing and information relating to (or independent from) the lower touchscreen.
- Drivers can operate the most frequently used functions directly from the steering wheel, while traditional hard climate controls are located on the center panel.
- Beautifully lit analog gauges display road speed, engine speed, and temperature and fuel level.
- The Multi-Information Display (MID) located between the speedometer and tachometer can be controlled from the steering wheel and provides a wealth of information from tire pressure to average MPG. On navigation-equipped models, the full-color MID can also show turn-by-turn directions.
- Models equipped with the HomeLink® system can be programmed using up to three distinct frequencies to consolidate garage or gate remotes.
In addition to the sophisticated new touchscreen and versatile steering wheel-mounted controls, the voice recognition feature allows you to perform the most frequently used audio, climate, and navigation functions without ever lifting a finger. Simply speak and it will be done.
- With a simple click of the "Talk" steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands (with 100,000 variations) to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: "CD, song 4," will turn on the audio system, select the CD as audio input, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the system will recognize over a million city and street names.
- This is the latest edition of the voice recognition system Acura has been refining for over a decade.
On Demand Multi-Use Display
Leading the way in audio and information Technology Plus has its advantages-and its challenges. So as the number of features and music sources have increased, Acura designers foresaw a very crowded center panel. The solution is an intuitive touchscreen called On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) that consolidates the controls drivers need at any given moment. What could have been more than 30 buttons has been simplified to nine.
- Up to 10 different audio sources can be accessed directly so you no longer need to repeatedly hit a button to rotate to your desired audio source.
- So every panel can be quickly understood and operated, each display is uniquely designed for the particular task.
- A shortcut button gives quick access to your favorite audio presets, navigation locations or speed-dial favorites.
- When valet parking, another shortcut lets you disable access to various locations and functions, including trunk, glove box, navigation, phone and audio controls.
- The ODMD™ can instantly display a current status for audio and climate functions without disturbing the upper display screen. This feature is particularly useful when navigating to a new location.
Check in with the office without taking your eyes off the road. The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to let you initiate and receive calls using the ILX audio system.
- With a compatible phone, a simple one-time pairing process connects your phone to the car. The downloadable AcuraLink app for Apple® and Android smartphones makes pairing, among other functions, even easier. As long as your phone's Bluetooth is enabled, the ILX automatically reconnects your phone without it ever leaving your pocket or purse.
- Whether you initiate or receive a call, the audio system automatically mutes so the call can be heard through the audio system speakers. Sophisticated directional microphones ensure your voice is clearly heard on the other end.
- Up to six phones can be paired to the system so if, for instance, you are traveling with a spouse and your two teenagers, you can easily select which phone will be connected and change the selection at any time.
- You can view and operate HandsFreeLink functions through the navigation screen and all of the numbers on your compatible phone can be downloaded at one time into the system's10 hard drive. If an incoming call is on your speed-dial list, the number will automatically display.
For more details, please visit the Acura Bluetooth HandsFreeLink minisite.
SMS / Siri Eyes Free
Handheld texting while driving is illegal in most states and highly dangerous in all states. The integrated SMS text message function44 enables you to respond to incoming text messages while following the law and minimizing the potential driver for distraction. The Premium Package allows you to receive and listen to email as well. Drivers with paired, Siri-equipped iPhones®8 can also use voice-command to perform these (and other) functions.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system notifies you of incoming text messages and asks if you want the message read aloud to you.
- After the message is read, six pre-prepared responses appear on the center display (i.e. "On my way", etc.). The system also offers a call-back option.
- The system is currently compatible with certain Blackberry phones, Android 4.4 and other smartphones using the MAP protocol. Other models with the required messaging protocol are expected to enter the market in the future.
- If you have an iPhone® with Siri, you can ask the familiar, friendly interface to perform multiple functions including reading and sending texts, checking weather, sports scores and stock quotes, making calendar appointments and on Premium or Technology Plus Package models, read emails.
- Models with the Premium Package may not have In-dash navigation, but users with recent model iPhones can download the AcuraLink Navigation App, and with the phone plugged into the HDMI jack, the phone's navigation system will be visible on the upper dash screen and operable with vehicle controls.
- Many state or local laws restrict the texting feature. Only use it when conditions allow you to do so safely.
5-inch Color Display
Models without the navigation system are equipped with a 5-inch, full-color, center display screen that offers a variety of information.
- Depending on the audio source, the display gives detailed audio information on the currently played song, which usually includes artist, song, and album info-and even displays the album art, if available.
- The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system uses the display to show contact listings or incoming caller information.
- The easy-to-read display makes phone-related systems such as Pandora® compatibility or SMS text message function simple to use.
- When reverse is engaged, the screen displays the rear camera50 image.
Standard and Premium Audio Systems
The easy-to-operate standard ILX audio system offers clear, dynamic sound with six speakers around the cabin while the display at the top of the instrument panel provides detailed audio information. The Technology Plus Package adds a sub-woofer and additional media sources.
- A speed-sensitive volume control increases the audio gain automatically as road speed increases.
- When driving into a new area, the automatic preset select button allows you to preset the most powerful stations. Push it again and your original presets return.
The system can accommodate a wide variety of audio sources, which include:
- USB Audio Interface7 for iPod®8
- MP3- and WMA6 -compatible CD player
- AM/FM with RDS readout
- Auxiliary input jack
- The ability to interface with the Pandora®45 application loaded onto a paired compatible iPhone.
The Premium Package adds:
- SiriusXM Radio,
- HD Radio
- Access to Aha internet audio application loaded onto a paired compatible smartphone.
Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System
Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium Audio System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. As a result, surround sound fills the car from any stereo digital source. In addition to all the source inputs of the standard ILX audio system, features of the Acura/ELS system include:
- Touchscreen operation with primary functions operable from the steering wheel controls.
- Dolby® Pro Logic® II circuitry to extract surround sound from any digital stereo source.
- Hard disk drive memory (HDD) media storage with shuffle, playlist creation and an updatable Gracenote® database.
- DVD-A, MP3- and WMA6-compatible disc player.
- The ability to interface with the Pandora®45 application loaded onto a paired, compatible iPhone.
- 10 speakers, including one per door, two tweeters, one center mid-range, two rear surround, one powered 8-inch subwoofer.
- USB7 Audio Interface for iPod®8 or flash drive allows full operation with the audio system controls.
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4 and HD Radio®, both offering near-CD quality digital sound.
- Bluetooth®11 streaming audio, plus Aha™ and Pandora®45 compatibility.
- An auxiliary input jack plays content from personal music players incompatible with the USB jack.
USB & iPod Integration
In the ILX, you can take your digital music library along for the ride on your iPod®8, USB7 flash drive or compatible phone. You can even have your own personal DJ with Pandora®45 loaded on an iPhone®8.
- You can operate Pandora with the stereo controls when directly connected using the USB jack; Bluetooth®11 streaming audio does not allow application integration.
- A USB connection interfaces with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- Track information appears on the center display. Selection can be controlled using the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- The USB will charge a compatible iPod®8 while it's playing.
- An auxiliary input jack can be connected to any iPod®8, MP3 player or other audio device.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are in covered storage areas where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
Song By Voice
The Song By Voice® feature uses the voice recognition system to help the ILX driver find music from the hard disk drive or a USB7-connected iPod®8 simply by voicing a preference.
- The system is initialized with either of the commands "iPod search" or "HDD search," after which you can find your preference by first stating your chosen category such as: song, artist, album, or genre.
- Follow your category choice by stating your desired music selection. For example, if "Equilibrium" is the title song of an album, the command "Play song, ‘Equilibrium'" will play the song, while saying "Play album, ‘Equilibrium'" will play the whole album.
- You can also have the system display lists of artists, albums, and other categories on the navigation screen.
Navigation Functionality & Controls
The Technology Plus Package includes the Acura Navigation System10 which in conjunction with AcuraLink®, is perhaps the best driving companion since the invention of the car radio.
- The system features an 8-inch screen, mounted high in the center control panel for easy visibility.
- You can enter an address or access a location from its vast hard drive destination database, using the interface dial or the voice recognition system.
- The screen will plot your path on the map and show special displays to guide you through freeway ramps, interchanges and forks in the road.
- The system will also provide voiced guidance, if desired.
- An additional feature is AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™57, which can help you get around delays while traveling to your desired destination.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, the AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™57 data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined or separate from other SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4 subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic
The AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™57 feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States.
- Interstates and expressways are color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
- Traffic Rerouting™ will suggest an alternative route if the system determines it is at least two minutes or 10% quicker.
AcuraLink The Next Generation
A whole new generation of AcuraLink®70 graces the ILX. Thanks to an embedded cellular device, the AcuraLink system now features two-way communication making it even more versatile. In an emergency, location and diagnostic information can be sent and retrieved from the car. Greater interaction with your smartphone enables even more available services. While many AcuraLink features are complimentary others require a subscription. Some of the systems highlights are:
- If an airbag deploys, the ILX will relay an emergency notification. (Cellular connection required.)
- If the ILX is stolen, its location can be tracked.
- AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™57 now shows traffic levels on busy side streets as well as freeways.
- A location on your smartphone can be sent to the navigation system as a ready-to-drive route.
- As part of a subscription service, a live concierge can help you make restaurant reservations and then even send directions to the navigation system.
- Vehicle doors can be remotely locked or unlocked using your smartphone.
The Acura Navigation System10 has an extensive database of addresses and points of interest for a variety of handy information.
- The system will not only show you the nearby ATMs, if you tell it to only show your bank's ATM's because you don't want to pay a service charge, it will only show those machines.
- You can also find the exact type of restaurant you're in the mood for as well as locate schools, parks, hospitals, drugstores, museums, and more.
- Since destinations change over time, downloadable updates can be purchased through this website.
Seat Belts and Airbags
Seat belts are the first line of defense in a collision. That's why all ILX seating positions have 3-point belts and head restraints. The front seats also have a load-limiting tensioner system and each airbag features a highly sophisticated deployment system.
- In the first milliseconds of a sufficient impact, tensioners automatically tighten the front belts to help hold the occupant in position against the seatback.
- To help prevent the tensioners from causing undue pressure on the chest, load limiters slightly relieve belt tension as needed to help soften the force.
- Sensors in the front passenger seat determine if it is empty or if the passenger is too small for the passenger's front airbag to deploy safely and will disengage the front passenger's front airbag, if necessary.
- In the event of a moderate-to-severe side impact, the SmartVent™ front side airbag inflates to help protect the driver's or front passenger's upper torso.
The ILX has several features addressing child safety, from sophisticated airbag sensors to anchors that secure child seats.
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) anchors, plus upper-tether anchors in the rear seat, allow LATCH-compatible child seats to be installed in the outboard positions without the use of seat belts.
- All windows and the moonroof have an auto-reverse feature that is designed to prevent them from closing if a finger or other obstacle is encountered.
Body Structure Design
To enhance occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions, the ILX features next generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure.
- The ACE™ design utilizes a network of connected structural elements to distribute crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle.
- This new generation ACETM incorporates extra braces at the front corners to absorb and distribute impact energy from narrow off-set collisions in which a small portion at one side of the front end must absorb the collision forces.
- The outer braces are designed to transfer impact load toward the center of the frame where the energy can be distributed around the cabin area more evenly.
- This enhanced frontal crash energy management helps to reduce the forces transferred to the passenger compartment and can help to more evenly disperse the forces transferred to other vehicles in a crash.
Braking & Stability
ILX disc brakes are complemented by several sophisticated electronic systems that enhance stopping performance in almost any circumstance.
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) helps you retain steering control when braking heavily, by preventing the wheels from locking up while still allowing them to achieve maximum level of stopping.
- The Electronic Brake Distribution system uses the ABS system to orchestrate braking power among the four wheels—depending on their load—to help optimize braking effectiveness.
- The Brake Assist system detects emergency braking from the driver by monitoring the speed at which the brake pedal is depressed and stepping in to ensure the ABS system is activated. The system terminates immediately upon release of the brake pedal.
Vehicle Stability Assist
A standard feature that makes every driver a better driver. The Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®)12 system uses an array of sensors, along with ABS to reduce the dangers of oversteer or understeer.
- VSA® continually monitors vehicle speed, throttle position, individual wheel speeds, steering angle, lateral G-force and yaw rate.
- When the potential for oversteer or understeer is detected, the VSA® modulator reduces the engine's torque and applies brakes to each wheel (as needed) to help stabilize the vehicle.
- VSA® response is so quick that instability may be corrected before the driver even knows it's occurring.
Collision Mitigation Braking System[sup]™[/sup] (CMBS[sup]™[/sup])
To help reduce the likelihood or severity of a frontal impact, the Advance Package features the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)61.
- Powered by a combination of radar transmitter and forward-facing camera, the CMBS™ determines the distance and closing speed of detected objects that lie directly ahead.
- If you do not take action to reduce speed, the CMBS™ automatically tugs the seat belt and begins light braking.
- When the system senses that a frontal collision is unavoidable even if no prior alerts have been given, the front seat belts tighten and strong braking is automatically applied to help reduce the impact velocity and collision force.
- The goal of the CMBS™ is to alert the driver to apply the brakes. While the system assists, it is not expected to avoid a collision on its own.
Road Departure Mitigation System
The highly capable, road-hugging ILX prefers pavement.
- While the Lane Keeping Assist uses a camera to identify lane markers such as painted lane lines, Botts Dots and cat eye markers, the Road Departure Mitigation System can identify objects such as trees or parked cars which would indicate spaces beyond the side of the road.
- When the system detects the ILX is about to leave the road, it warns the driver with an MID warning message, an amber head-up warning and a tightening of the seat belt.
- The system then uses the active steering function of the Lane Keeping Assist system along with the vehicle's autonomous braking capability to guide the ILX back into its detected lane.
Lane Keeping Assist System
It's the best kind of backseat driver. Using a forward-facing camera mounted above the inside rear view mirror, the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)59 works proactively to keep the ILX inside a detected lane.
- If you steer the ILX out of a detected lane without signaling your intention, the system will gently tug the steering wheel and help guide the car back to the center of the lane.
- Though the system initiates a slight tug, the driver can easily hold course as the system will not take control of the wheel.
- On straight or mildly curving roads, LKAS works to keep the car in the center of the detected lane.
- The system will not steer the car indefinitely. If it senses no steering input from the driver for a certain period of time, the system presents a message instructing the driver to begin steering again.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Conventional cruise control has always been welcome on long highway trips but is of little use on an urban driver's daily commute. Available Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) allows you to set a desired speed but also maintain a desired interval to the car ahead so you enjoy the benefits of cruise control in light traffic.
- While cruising, engage the ACC and the system prompts you to select a short, medium, long or extra-long interval to the vehicle ahead.
- Once speed is set (between 25 and 90 mph), you can raise or lower it with the steering-wheel controls. Your speed setting is revealed on the MID.
- At speeds below the set speed, ACC maintains the set interval from the car ahead by modulating the throttle and applying moderate braking where appropriate.
Blind Spot Information System
The Blind Spot Information (BSI) system20 is your second pair of eyes during lane changes.
- If the system detects a vehicle in the adjacent lane's "alert zone", an indicator appears on that side's windshield pillar and also on the MID screen.
- If the driver activates the turn signal in the direction of a vehicle that has been detected, the pillar indicator on the corresponding side flashes and a warning beep will sound.
- So the indicators don't come on at stoplights, when parking or when traveling in stop-and-go traffic, the system is only active when the ILX is traveling over 6 mph.
Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
Whether backing out of parking space or onto a busy street, the ILX has your back.
- Sensors located near the rear corners of the car can detect approaching vehicles from either side in parking lots, driveways or streets.
- The monitor is particularly useful when other parked vehicles hinder your side-to-side vision.
- With the multi-view rear camera50 in Normal or Wide mode, the driver is alerted to approaching vehicles by an audible chime and amber arrows in the rear camera monitor.
If momentarily distracted, two state-of-the-art warning systems can alert you to potentially dangerous conditions. Using a camera mounted between the windshield and the rearview mirror, the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system56 sounds an alert when the ILX unintentionally leaves a detected lane. The Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system55-using both visual and audible warning-alerts you to a potential collision with a vehicle detected ahead.
- At speeds of 45 mph and above, the LDW system looks for painted lines, reflectors or other demarcations of lane division. If the ILX begins to exit a detected lane when the turn signal has not been engaged, the system gives an audible alert accompanied by a Lane Departure message on the MID indicating the side of the lane being crossed. These alerts will disengage when the car returns to the center of the lane or the correct turn signal is activated.
- A button located to the left of the steering column easily disengages LDW.
- FCW can detect vehicles directly in front of the ILX. If the distance between the two vehicles is diminishing, the system compares the vehicles' current speeds to determine if a collision may occur.
- To alert the driver to apply the brakes, FCW issues a beeping sound and flashes an amber "Brake" message in the Multi-Information Display. Advance Package-equipped models also project an amber warning image onto the windshield.
- To avoid unnecessary warnings, the FCW will not operate at speeds below 10 mph.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Since an under-inflated tire impedes handling and can be a safety hazard, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) uses a sensor to determine if a tire's pressure is outside an acceptable range.
- Pressure sensors in each wheel send readings to a central electronic control unit that evaluates whether the pressure is within an acceptable range. If a reading is significantly below the recommended level, the ILX alerts you on the Multi-Information Display (MID). The problem tire (along with the individual pressure for all four tires) is indicated.
- As useful as TPMS is, it is still recommended that you manually check your tires on a regular basis.
Like every Acura model, the ILX comes equipped with a security system. In the event of a break-in, the following events will occur:
- The ignition will be disabled.
- The horn will sound.
- The lights will flash.
Acura ILX Specifications
Dimensions and Capacities
|Ground Clearance (unladen)
- 3093 lb (1403 kg)
- AcuraWatch Plus:
- 3095 lb (1404 kg)
- Premium Pkg.:
- 3113 lb (1412 kg)
- Technology Plus Pkg.:
- 3115 lb (1413 kg)
- Premium & A-SPEC Pkg.:
- 3133 lb (1421 kg)
- Technology Plus & A-SPEC Pkg.:
- 3137 lb (1423 kg)
|Weight Distribution (% front / rear)
|EPA Passenger Volume
|EPA Cargo Volume (SAE)
- 38.0 in (964 mm)
- 35.9 in (913 mm)
- 42.3 in (1074 mm)
- 34.0 in (864 mm)
- 50.3 in (1278 mm)
- 51.7 in (1312 mm)
- 55.6 in (1412 mm)
- 53.5 in (1360 mm)
|Fuel Tank Capacity
- 13.2 U.S. gallons (50.0 liters)
|Maximum Seating Capacity
|Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net)
|Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) (SAE net)
- Drive-by-wire™ throttle system
|EPA Fuel Economy Rating (city / highway/ combined)
- Premium unleaded 91 octane
|CARB Emissions Rating
- 100k +/- miles no scheduled tune-ups
- 8-Speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with torque converter and Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
- 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut front / multi-link rear
|Front Stabilizer Bar
|Rear Stabilizer Bar
- Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
|Turning Diameter, Curb to Curb
|Front Disc Brakes
|Rear Disc Brakes
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- 17 x 7 in aluminum-alloy noise reducing
- A-SPEC Package:
- 18 x 7 in aluminum alloy machine-finished noise reducing
- P215/45 R17 87V high-performance all-season
- A-SPEC Package:
- P225/40 R18 high-performance all-season
- 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty
- 6-year/70,000-mile limited warranty
|Outer body rust-through
- 5-year/unlimited-mile limited warranty
|Acura Genuine Accessories17
- 4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty
|Acura Total Luxury Care® (TLC®) with Roadside Assistance18
- 15-year/150,000-mile limited warranty
||201-hp, 2.4-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC®, 4-cylinder engine
|EPA Fuel Economy Ratings27:
||25 (city) / 36 (hwy) / 29 (combined)
||8-speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
||Driver's 8-way power seat with power lumbar support, front seats with dual-level heating
||Dual-zone automatic climate control system with humidity control and air filtration, Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton ignition, 5-inch color information display, Multi-view rear camera50
||17-inch aluminum-alloy noise-reducing wheels, acoustic glass windshield
||Acura Premium Audio System with 6 speakers, Speed-sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC)
||Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface, SMS text message function44
|Adding to or replacing standard features
|Safety & Security:
||Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning55, Lane Departure Warning56, Front Seat Belt e-Pretensioner System
||Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)53, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)59, Road Departure Mitigation
||Color Multi-Information Display (MID), Compass
|Adding to or replacing standard features
||Blind Spot Information System20, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
||On Demand Multi-Use DisplayTM, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, 8-inch LED backlit VGA display
||Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather-trimmed interior, 2-driver position memory, 4-way power adjustment for front passenger seat
||Sub-woofer, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4, HD Radio, Aha™ compatibility
||iPhone® AcuraLink® Navigation App capability, Email Compatibility HomeLink®
TECHNOLOGY PLUS PACKAGE
|Includes Premium Package and AcuraWatch Plus
|Acura Navigation System10:
||Acura Navigation System, with AcuraLink Real-Time TrafficTM57 with exclusive street and freeway conditions, Traffic Rerouting™
||Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium Audio System with 10 speakers, Note function for SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4, Song By Voice®
||Voice Recognition System, GPS-linked, solar-sensing, and dual-zone automatic climate control system10, Dynamic guidelines in multi-view rear camera 50 Color Multi-Information Display (MID), Compass
||AcuraLink® The Next Generation70
||Phone-book exchange for Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink®
|Adding to or replacing standard features
||Fog lights, side sills, A-SPEC rear spoiler, 18-inch alloy noise-reducing wheels
||Aluminum pedals, Perforated Lux Suede® seating surfaces, contrast color stitching, ebony headliner, red instrument panel illumination